Since my last post, I planted out all the seedlings I started in the garage under grow lights, and over a heat mat. All are doing well, especially the kale.
The pix below show their final seedling size, how the seedling plugs looked before planting them, and after planting them in Grow Boxes (one box per variety: lacinato and dwarf blue scotch,) how the boxes look with floating row cover over the plants (to exclude insects that ate the last batch) and how they look today, with the cover removed. Looking good so far.
(if the pictures are out of order, I’ll fix them later. I’m posting from my iPhone, and some compromises accompany the convenience.)
- A pair of cucumbers
- Lettuces are nearly full-grown
- Japanese Soya Cucumber plants are doing just great this year
- Sweet corn on the Fourth of July
- Fourth of July Sugar Snap Peas
- Shallot thinnings
- First garlic, hung to cure
- Today’s cuke
- Sugar snap peas for the weekend
- First cucumbers of the summer
- Birds like dry water boxes
- Let us have lettuce! In fact, four kinds!
basil Basil sage dill spearmint peppermint oregano beets Beets harvest brocolli Brusells sprouts Brussel sprouts butterhead butterhead lettuce chives corn cucumbers Dill Garlic guinea pig harvest harvests kale Lacinato kale leaf lettuce Leeks oregano peach peppermint plan potatoes sage Scotch dwarf blue kale Seedlings Seed saving seed starts shallots spearmint Strawberries sugar snap peas tomatoes